An overview of all available tours, trails and safaris offered by Imbube Nature Tour and Wilderness Trails.
Morning Safari Game drive:
Starting at the crack of dawn when the beasts of the nights are still active catch them on their way to go and rest for the day. Tour ends at midday.
Afternoon Safari Game drive:
Catch the game on their way for a last drink at the waterholes and rivers. Watch the thick skinned ones enjoying a wallow in the mud or a proper bath in the river. Tours starts at midday and ends at sundown.
Full day Game drive Safaris:
These nature tours start at sunrise and end at sundown. An opportunity to experience the best of both worlds. Spot a bigger variety of game in bigger numbers –as a vast area of the park is covered during a full day safari.
Breakfast and lunch will be on offer while the tours continue.
Beach tours in Indian ocean and Boat cruise at iSimangaliso wetland park:
- Lake St Lucia is Africa’s largest Estuary.
- The greatest congregation of hippo and crocodile in South Africa.
- The last significant breeding ground for the giant Leatherback and Loggerhead turtles.
- 8 inter-linking Ecosystems, 3 major lake systems, 350 square kms of water surface, 220 kms of coastline and beaches, 190 kms of marine reserve, 100 species of coral, 25 000 year old coastal dunes, 5 cultural groups, 36 snake species, 700 years of traditional fish traps, 80 dragonfly species, 526 birds species, 110 butterfly species.
Shaka’s Black Smith Site Cultural Village – R950,00 per person:
Kwantombela real Zulu homestead. We offer clients a social life and full experience about Zulu culture and old resources of information.
St Lucia | Isimangaliso Wetland Park |Hluhluwe – Imfolozi Park
- Full Day Hluhluwe – Imfolozi Safari (Includes: Light Breakfast, BBQ lunch, Refreshments & entrance fee – R935
- Half Day Hluhluwe- Imfolozi Safari (Includes:Light breakfast & entrance fee) – R825
- 3 Hour Hluhluwe – Imfolozi Safari ( Includes: Refreshment & Entrance fee -R585
- 3 hour sunset western shores – Isimangaliso Wetland Park – R395
- 3 hour Night Drive western shores – Isimangaliso Wetland Park R395
- Full Day Easter Shores / Cape Vdal / Shorkelling – Isimangaliso Wetland Park Includes: Lunch, Refreshments& entrance fee - R645
- Half Day Eastern Shores / Ca[e Vidal /Snorkelling – Isimangaliso wetland Park ( Includes: Refreshments & entrance Fee – R465
- Richards bay Airport – R950
- King Shaka Airport – R1900
- OR Thambo International Airport – R6900
- Local – R1700
Combination nature tours packages:
All packages are inclusive. These packages include site-seeing tours, historical and other places of interest as well as tours to other provinces as we have nine provinces.
Imbube Nature Tour and Wilderness Trails offer tourists a full experience of walking through to the wilderness trails area.
The Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park is the only park under formal conservation in South Africa KwaZulu-Natal where the Big Five occurs. Established in 1895, this along with the nearby iSimangaliso Wetland Park, is the oldest park in Africa.
The Wilderness Trails in (Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park South Africa, KZN Province) will leave you with memories of a lifetime as you go game viewing “on foot” with a qualified trails Guide and a backup trails guide. Many people remark on how they notice all the smaller creatures on these trails that usually cover a few days, where you sleep out under the stars and closer to Big 5.
The wilderness trails were established in 1959 by Game Ranger Ian Player and Magqubu Ntombela. This was the culmination of a dream to share the peace and beauty of one of the few remaining wild, unpopulated places. This saw the start of the wilderness trails where visitors to proclaimed game reserves could experience the freedom of walking through untouched game country.
Primitive wilderness trail options:
- Primitive Wilderness Trails – R5500,00 per person
- Short Weekend Wilderness Trails – R6600,00 per person
- Base Camp Wilderness Trails – R7600,00 per person
- Full day Wilderness Trail – Guided Walk Only for one day with lunch – R1900,00 per person
- All wilderness trails include full trail equipment and food.
What is a trail?
This is a guided walk through wilderness areas with environmental facilitation provided by experienced wilderness guides.
Trails offer a unique experience – a chance to exist for a period in the original primitive, atmosphere of wilderness. Trailists are exposed to enlightenment of the connectivity of the natural environment and the animals and human species. The experience is uncontrived and no two trails are the same. Each one determined by the dynamic of the weather, the group, the animals’ sightings and the natural habitat. Although many of the trails occur in big game areas and magnificent sightings are recorded, the experience is not focused on interaction with the wild animals but rather as a means of reconnecting to the natural world and order.
Wilderness areas are managed in such a way that its natural character is not altered and that man does not disturb its inhabitants in any way. There are no roads and the only paths you will encounter are those made by animals.
Trails are designed to have little impact on the environment and thus are limited to 8 participants, from 15 years old to those fit enough to maintain a reasonable walking pace carrying a backpack.
Equipment in the forms of a backpack, sleeping bag and bedroll are issued to trailists. These and the provision for the duration of the trail are carried by the trailists. This is not an endurance feat and the pace is set by the dynamic of the group. Night stops are selected by the trails guide and each trailist has the opportunity to experience the wonder of doing a night watch when the sounds of the wild are to heard in the pure essence of the African Bush.
Imbube Nature Tours headquarters home
Imbube also offers clients who would like to join the trails accommodation of a safari tent. This is for 8 people and covers overnight during the trails and before departure when flying back after the trails.